Saturday, May 30, 2009

Announcing Belle!

Belle was born yesterday at 9:31 am after 6 hours of labor. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz (I asked Peter to guess her weight and he was right on!) and 20 3/4 inches long. She was born at home, into the water with her father and brother present.

After I was settled on the couch with the new baby in my arms, the midwives came over and Peter and I filled out the birth certificate, assisted with the newborn exam and then I got help getting settled in bed upstairs. It was lovely.

I will post the whole story later, but right now I'm hungry and need to plug the laptop battery in to charge!

5 comments:

~Aimee~ said...

Hooray hooray hooray!! Congratulations to the whole family!!! :-D I can't wait to see her.

Jennifer said...

Yay! Congratulations to you all. I'm so happy for you.

Rixa said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this! I am eagerly awaiting more details of the birth.

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited that everything went well and I can't wait to read the birth story!

* said...

Congrats!!

Here's a blog post I wrote about home birthing...and ode of sorts.

http://thechocolatechipwaffle.blogspot.com/2009/06/home-birthing-rocks.html