Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A remedy that might help my hip pain

ve blogged about the right hip pain I've had since my second baby's birth and how I'm trying to address it now before it becomes chronic and so it doesn't interfere with my plans to have more babies. So far the things I've found that make the most difference are yoga and practicing proper posture throughout the day. When its been really bad therapeutic massage has been more effective than chiropractic. I've also found that the exercises and heel lift for my shoe that my chiropractor gave me for correcting my scoliosis makes my hip pain much worse so I've taken those out of my routine.

Tonight I learned about another thing that might help when my hip starts to bother me (which is much less than it has in the past). Buscando La Luz who blogs at Birth Faith posted about Lecithin supplementing for remedying joint and pelvic pain. In an impressively comprehensive post, she taught me that lecithin can address the same type of issue I'm trying to address and that eggs are a good source of lecithin. She tells about learning this for herself and how regularly eating eggs when she is pregnant can keep the pelvic pain at bay.

I think I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This is very helpful.

I injured my low back a little over year ago. It all began when I tripped carrying my 30 lb sleeping child. She was fine. I was miserable. After weeks of chiropractic I felt mostly better. But I developed my first uti. Now after my third, I see a clear connection.

The term "sacroiliac joint dysfunction" popped out at a few sites and perfectly describes my symptoms. I am also a doTERRA wellness advocate. So, naturally, I searched for "sacroiliac joint dysfunction doTERRA oils". Now I will go to my next doctor's visit well prepared. I am so glad I found your site.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, my hips and low back have been acting up. Funny, I've been craving eggs lately. Now I know why!