Saturday, November 8, 2008

Updates

The last couple of weeks could be called the weeks from Hades. Between me and Peter, he had his comprehensive exams to be advanced to Ph.D. candidacy or ABD status (all but dissertation) and I was making the final revisions to my thesis that were suggested by my committee at my defense. On top of that, I'm in my 11th week of pregnancy, the week where either my dream from a few weeks ago would be realized or not. I guess maybe the stress of those weeks could have resulted in a miscarriage but thankfully they haven't.

I'm still pregnant, yay!

Peter passed his exams! yay!

My thesis is done, mailed and delivered! yay!

Not surprisingly, my house is a mess. I guess that's what we'll be working on today. After my massage (my reward for the last couple of weeks).

2 comments:

Rixa said...

I hope the massage helps your stress levels go down. About Willem and the childcare situation; I wouldn't worry too much about what people will think. You can also tell them only what they need to know (could you watch him while I'm in labor). You're lucky to have several choices so close by--then you can call them to bring him over when/if you want him back for the birth.

~Aimee~ said...

YAY for all that you guys have accomplished these past few weeks!!! I hope you're feeling better and not worrying yourself sick anymore. That is so not fun.