Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Breast Crawl

I have been wanting to see video of the breast crawl (the newborn's ability to latch on to mother's nipple without assistance). There are places on the web that sells DVD of this natural phenomenon for $40 a copy and I haven't felt compelled to put that much money down, for something that I could be patient and experience myself with the birth of my next baby.

Tonight I came across this video produced by a province in India in collaboration with UNICEF and WHO. I am pleased to view this video and then share it with others.



The website breastcrawl.org also shares the science and studies that have observed and described this phenomenon. Its truly amazing! I wish more people knew about this so they could experience the reverence and respect for new life and a baby's inate abilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great video of something I find fascinating, however I didn't like the massive audience the poor woman had! But I suppose it's different culture and she may have felt perfectly comfortable.