Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Happy Birthday to me!

On Saturday, it was my 24 birthday. That's not the remarkable part, its that I really enjoyed it!

Birthdays are just kind of days to me even though I appreciate it when others try to make it special. This year everyone succeeded very well. I think it was helped by being on a Saturday. Everyone's birthday should be on a Saturday.

I was expecially happy to receive the gifts I received. A number of them were books, you know the kind that can be read for enjoyment. Being pretty much finished with my degree program makes me very happy to see a stack of unread books to read.

The books on that list (no birth books, but that may be what I get with the money I was given):
Irish Crystal by Andrew Greeley (in the Nuala Anne McGrail series)
Feeding the Whole Family: Cooking with Whole Foods by Cynthia Lair
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (book three in the Eragon triology)
Wise Woman's Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susan Weed
World Without end by Ken Follet (the sequal to my favorite historical novel: Pillars of the Earth)

I was also given a super soft robe and blanket set that has replaced my favorite purple robe. I know I'll be enjoying the comfort of that set for the next few months. I also was given a hand carved nativity set from the Philipenes and a lovely ivory pendant from Alaska. The pendant reminds me of the full beauty of a pregnant belly complete with eternity knot at the top. I will treasure that during my pregnancy.

Peter also was very good to me that day. He made me breakfast. It would have been in bed but I got up before he finishied making it. Then we took a walk as a family to the park and then napped when we got home. I really enjoyed cuddling with Willem and getting a birthday nap. I highly recommend it! After we woke up, we were greeted with dinner (coconut curry chicken) and a fresh baked cheesecake. Many thanks to Peter for making my birthday special and to the family members who sent thoughtful gifts that I enjoy.

No comments: