Saturday, January 9, 2010

Consider this a New Year's Resolution

A couple of weeks ago, I considered deleting this blog because I have been neglecting it. I have been trying to figure out how I want to record my thoughts, and add my voice to the blogging world, especially as it comes to birth advocacy.

I *think* at this point I'm going to redouble my efforts to keep this blog going. I just discovered how to schedule posts so that may be helpful for me to get more consistency. Then I can give myself deadlines too!

I'm considering combining this blog with my spirituality blog because I've been finding it very difficult to separate my experiences as a mother from my spiritual practices and ponderings. So this is your warning, readers, you may find more religious themes on my blog. Its all apart of my journey as a mother and woman.

Part of what has been keeping me from blogging is insecurity. There are so many other great blogs about birth out there on the internet that either I feel I'm inadequate to add anything more or I would only be posting links to other blog posts of other authors that I found interesting or informative.

I'm going to give it a try to post more regularly. I know some bloggers have goals to post daily, or weekly. I'm going to try for weekly.

We'll see how it goes. No promises.

You know how New Year's Resolutions are...

This is the only one I'm making, so maybe there's a good chance it will work.

No comments: