Sunday, January 17, 2010

Must mean something!

I've been meaning to get around to an Introduction to EC post and its not going to happen at this point. Maybe I'll get to it, but at this point, I'm jumping in where we our in our journey.

Belle is 7 1/2 months. We've been ECing for 3 months or so. We get a good number of pees and most poops into the potty. And like this blogger I agree that some is better than none and poops are especially weighted to be better in the potty than smeared on a bum. Those are so worth it!

One thing I've been noticing recently is how sopping wet a diaper gets when a pee is missed. They get taken off pretty quickly after a pee so most of the time only one or two pees in a row are going to be into the diaper. Unless she just has big pees most of the time (which I know she doesn't because I see the volume of those that go into the potty), she appears to be holding her pee for longer so when she does release into a diaper, the volume is higher than if she were pee whenever.

At least I think that's what it means.

And if that case, its an indication to me that even though it seems like her cueing has quieted down and more pees are going into diapers, that the process is still moving forward. She is holding it for a while and the volume is building so when she does pee, its a big one.

Because of that, a diaper gets really soaked even if its just one or two pees because she's holding it!

That means that I can make efforts to pay more attention to intervals and arrange our situations to have potty-tunities available more of the time.

Those are other posts I'm hoping to write: Intervals at 6 and 7 months and ECing/Potty around the town

No comments: