Sunday, February 14, 2010

MIA for a bit

I was really enjoying keeping my New Year's Resolution about regularly posting on my blog. I had even been doing really well with it! But I'm needing to take a break because I've got something even more fun to do with the birth world!

Next week, at the CIMS Forum in Austin, Texas, my colleague Nasima Pfaffl will be giving a presentation on The Birth Survey entitled "Thanks for Listening to Me: Trends and Patterns in the Result of The Birth Survey." I won't be attending but I'm assisting with the data analysis of the free text comments from the survey. It is in the comments where women are able to share some of the most valuable information regarding their provider's maternity care services.

Its a huge project with a tight deadline. I'm getting really creative about finding time in my day to work on it, and expecting some very short nights of sleep while I work on it.

In addition to analyzing and coding approximately 5000 free text comments, I'm also going to be putting together a proposal for the ACNM conference.

Its a lot of work in a short period! And as a reward, I'll go on a blogging spree by clearing out my drafts folder and then enjoy a couples massage for a date night with my husband (Valentine's Day has been rescheduled in our house!)

No comments: