Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TRUST Birth Conference

A few months ago, I became acquainted with the Trust Birth Initiative. That initial interaction and Amy from Crunchy Domestic Goddess prompted me to start this blog (see my early entries). The current push of the Trust Birth Initiative is the Trust Birth Conference taking place in Southern California March 7-9. I would love to attend but family business and responsibilities is keeping me from being able to. But that's okay!

Because Carla Hartley, the founder of the Trust Birth Initiave, is making downloads available after the conference for those who were unable to attend.

I will be able to hear the presentations by Michel Odent, MD, Rixa Freese's presentation on portrayals of birth in media, Henci Goer, Sarah Buckley, Laura Shanley and Carla Hartley herself. Topics will include discussions on unassited birth, the technocatic version of birth, the research and the evidence of cesarean, midwifery managed births, homebirths, prenatal care, circumsision, the power of belief, intuition and touch during prenancy, birth and infancy. Can you tell? I am very excited that this option is available to me.

This is also a great option for those who do attend the Conference but couldn't see all the presentations that were of interest to you. Conferences are like that...you have to prioritze and plan which presentations are most important to you, while missing others presentations of interest happening simultaneously during each session.

No comments: